Friday, May 11, 2007

Bound for Italia!!

Well, I had decided about 2 months ago to just go ahead and plan my vacation. I wasn't totally sure yet where I had wanted to go. There was an interesting trip to Costa Rica with GAP Adventures. Then I started to look towards Europe. Eventually, I decided on a trip with Intrepid Travel. La Dolce Vita.

La Dolce Vita seems like a nice trip to get an initial taste of Italy, albeit mostly in the northern part. The trip stars in Rome and then onward to Florence. After taking in Florence, we would head to Lucca with a day trip to Pisa. From Lucca, it's on to Cinque Terre where we would enjoy the quaint little villages that make up Cinque Terre. On the way to Piedmont, a stopover in Milan for a few hours. Then, after enjoying some vino in Piedmont and maybe some truffles it's off to the Lakes District and Lake Como. After enjoying the beauty that is Bellagio, we head off to our last stop, Venice.

This tour covers 15 days. However, I decided to arrive in Rome a day early. With this extra day, I decided to sign up for a cooking course through Blu Aubergine. I'm really looking forward to that. At the end of the tour in Venice, I decided to spend the night there before catching the train back to Rome. One last night in Rome and then it's back to Montreal.

This will be in total 18 days of vacation in Italy. :)

I can't promise that I will be able to update this blog on a daily basis. I will not be lugging my iBook around Italy. If I happen upon an Internet cafe, then I will try to make a quick blog entry. Otherwise, I will have to record everything the old-fashioned way: pen and paper!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the trip! It sounds extremely exciting, and I'm quite envious :D