Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Walls and such

Earlier when I was logged in, I was reading the latest entry from Matthew Good. To some degree I can relate to what he's saying. But I guess depending on the person, the reactions could vary. I suppose I came across my "wall" last October when I decided to make my trip to Japan. I had previously visited Japan twice with my ex. I suppose it was difficult at times because I would be walking in areas in Tokyo where we had been before. I think Kyoto was maybe a bit more emotional. I remember so many things and parts about the city. Maybe it's because it's a very navigable city. Or maybe we had explored so much of it before given that we had spent nearly 2 weeks there in Spring of 2005. In any case, I think I would go back again. Perhaps later this year when/if I go to Hong Kong with my folks. I'll have to visit Tokyo again with renewed eyes and mind. It will most likely be a solo trip again, but hey, why wait? When you're ready to go, go. And I guess one should try not to let bad memories get in the way of making new and better ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll see the same sights in new ways, and perhaps see things you never saw before. It's going to be a great experience, and I hope you'll enjoy it more now than ever.

Anonymous said...

enjoy the trip. take pictures

Anonymous said...

We miss you! I hope you are having a great time without any side effects!