Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Follow-up...

Okay. Trip is over. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I am still working at getting the pics uploaded to Flickr. I will try to get this done before Christmas. I promise!

Some thoughts:

Hong Kong: It's an interesting place to visit. I think we only got to see some of the main attractions of HK. I'm sure there were other things and places we could have checked out. I wish I had brought along the Lonely Planet. Oh well. Perhaps another time.

Shanghai: First thing I noticed about this city: the smog. I think the sky was gray everyday. It might have been sort of clear in the evening. I'm pretty sure I saw a star out in that smoggy, night sky. Next thing I noticed was the people. They're rude and push a lot. It's every person for themselves. Plus, they cut lines. They just push and shove. I don't know if I could deal with that on a long term basis. I'd probably go postal or bash someone's head in.

Tokyo: What can I say? It's not the first time I've been here. However, it was a definite welcome respite from that chaos that is Shanghai. Back to some semblance of civility and order. A place where people apologized for having to rush past you. A world where people queue up in an orderly fashion. In some ways, it's a little surreal as well.

Anyway... Until my next trip, it's back to some everyday babbling elsewhere. ;)

No comments: