Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Tokyo: Tuesday


Okay, I didn't really sleep in too much today, but I did have to do some packing and repacking this morning. My friend has booked me into a hotel for the rest of my stay. His treat. Essentially, with all the ensuing last minute preparations and such for their trip to Hawaii and getting their marriage papers signed and filed, there will be a certain amount of chaos. So, here I am. I am staying at the Prince Park Tower Hotel. I have a view of the Tokyo Tower which is right next door.

Before checking into the hotel this evening, I headed down to Tokyo station to get reserved seat tickets on the shinkansen for tomorrow. The trip to Nikko is in two legs. I take the Shinkansen out to Utsunomiya. I change over to the Nikko line for the rest of the trip. It takes roughly 2 hours.

While I was in the area, I strolled around the Ginza area. I swung by the Sanrio store and picked up a few things. Then I went to the Sony building to see what they had to offer as the latest in something neat. Apparently it's something called the Rolly. I didn't take any pictures of it, but if you Googled it, I'm sure you'll find something. It's a rather amusing piece of entertainment hardware. I guess that's the best way to describe it. After that I continued on to the Apple Store. Along the way, I came across this Christmas Tree display in front of Mikimoto. It's rather nice.

Anyway, that's it for now. :-)

No comments: