Saturday, December 08, 2007

Tokyo/Chicago: Friday/Saturday

I was a bit too lazy to post an update last night. I slept in and left my room around 11AM. I decided to hit Tokyo station and the Ginza again. I needed to have my watch fixed. I asked the concierge if she knew where I can get my watch battery replaced. She suggested a department store. After I grabbed a couple of onigiri and ate them by the fountain near the Imperial Palace, I walked over to the Ginza.

First, I checked out HMV to see if I can find the Kubrick Edition of a Daft Punk album. No dice. I kept walking. I saw the Seibu department store and went in there. I asked at the information desk about watch repair. The girl directed me to Bic Camera which was a short walk away. I went in and managed to figure out that watches was on the 6th floor. After I got up there, I asked and found the watch repair section. I tried to explain that the battery needed to be replaced. He gave me an estimate of Y1575. That's cool. And it's a 1 hour service. Okay. That should be me time to wander around some more.

I made my way to Yamano Music. There, I found the limited edition Kubrick Daft Punk. They had 3 copies. I bought 2. One for me and one for Frankie. After that I wandered over to the Itoya store. After going up a few floors, I found it to be a tad too crowded and warm. Back down I go. I checked the clock on the mobile. Ooh! It looks like it's time to head back to Bic Camera.

I made my way back to Bic. I got my watch. The final cost was Y1230. Cool. After wandering around Bic a little while I decided that I have had enough and headed back to the hotel. It was still early, so I decided to grab a nap. Later, I sent an email to my friend Wayne. He was still at work. Eventually, I got a call from him. We'll meet by Meguro station and get some dinner. We went to Laxmi for some Indian. afterwards, we said our goodbyes, I gave him back the mobile, gave each other a hug and parted ways.

After I got back, I was busy trying to fit every last thing into my luggage. It was a bit tight, but I manged. Of course, i had to take into account what I needed in the morning.

Saturday:
Got up, showered, finished packing. I went down tow ait for the airport limousine bus. Got to the airport, checked in, got through security, then waited at least a half hour in line to go through customs. Oy. I had wanted to buy some sake. However, because I am transiting in Chicago, I would not be allowed to carry that through security. Well, that just blows. :p

Roughly 10 hours later, I am in Chicago. I guess we got some good tail wind. Now I sit in Terminal 2, Gate E2 waiting for my flight home.

No comments: