Thursday, October 12, 2006

Day Eleven & Twelve - Winding Down

Okay, so I really have not done too much these past two days. Maybe it's a case of "there's only so much you want to do on your own". Whatever.

So on Wednesday, I decided to exercise a bit of consumerism. So I went shopping! First off, I wanted to Check out the Charles Tuttle bookshop in Jimbocho. I took the subway over. The last time I was in the Jimbocho area was last year when the ex and I stayed at the Sakura Hotel. The price was right and the location was great. Anyway, I went to where I thought the bookshop was. However, when I got there it looked pretty closed. There was a paper sign on the metal roll-down gate, but I couldn't figure out what it said.

After walking around Jimbocho a little bit, I headed over to the Ginza. I had scoped out on the net where there might be a Kipling store. Of course there was one in the Ginza! ;-) I just had to find it. So I took the subway over to the Ginza. I swung by the HMV there and picked up two CDs. Then along the way, I came across the Sanrio store. Hello Kitty anyway? I picked up a couple of items there. Then I found the Kipling store. Hmmm... I had to satisfy my need to buy a bag. Yes, another bag. I found one I liked. I originally would have liked it in black but they didn't have it in black, so I settled for the dark blue. The Kipling Basic Amour bag. :)

After that purchase, I made my way over to the Sony Building to check out what they had on display. I'll have to admit that I was dazzled by their new LCD televisions. The picture quality was amazing. Of course, it goes without saying that the quality is dependent on what's going through it. After that, I meandered over to the Apple Store. Found and bought a set of in-ear headphones. Okay, starting to get a little hungry, so I decided to head back.

Thursday, I had a commitment in the afternoon, so I decided to just chill until then. :-) Plus, it was pretty warm and humid. :-p So yeah, that was it.

Sorry, no pictures were taken. Batteries for the camera were being charged.

No comments: