Sunday, November 18, 2007

Dateline: Kowloon, Hong Kong

Well, after flying from Chicago to Hong Kong for approximately 15 hours, I'm finally here. Aside from a few bumps of turbulence along the way the flight was relatively uneventful, save for the toddler who sat right behind my Dad and was bawling his eyes out every once in a while.

For the first half of the flight, I found it difficult to fall asleep. I listened to my iPod until it ran out of juice. :p I tried to read a little of the book I brought with me, "Heat" by Bill Buford. The flight took us up and around the North Pole. I managed to dig out my camera for this shot of the screen.



After we got in my Mom called some family friends. We met up with them at the hotel. After we freshened up, we went to this restaurant that seemed to specialize in seafood or something. In any case, it was pretty good!



Pretty tired this evening after dinner. My brother and my parents went out for a walk around the area. The shopping here is open until pretty late. The hours here are quite different. My bro says that other than school kids and businessmen, nothing really openes up here until around 11AM. It might have something to do with the climate.

Anyway, I'm off to bed shortly. Maybe I'll write something more significant later. :)

3 comments:

Trad Flakenblerg said...

what are those square things at the bottom right of the seafood restaurant picture?

Anonymous said...

This is exciting Eva, I will totally keep myself posted on a daily basis. Try not to message my cellphone everynight at 3 am and I'll still be your friend when you come back from Hong Kong! Have fun!

boobookitty said...

Shawn, it's some sort of fried pork thing. It's similar to something they have in dim sum but in a difference shape. :)