Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Hong Kong: Tuesday

Today we made the trek out to see the huge Buddha on Lantau Island. Getting there was half the fun! We had to take the subway all the way out with one change along the way. From there we had to catch a bus to the Buddha. The bus ride took about 45 minutes. I took a short movie of the ride as we had front row seats on the ride out. However, I can't seem to offload it from the camera to this machine.

Well, we finally made it there. That thing is quite a ways up.



It was a bit of a climb up but I managed to make it up. I think those weeks of cardio I have been doing paid off!



After that we had a vegetarian meal by the monastary.



It was quite good. It was also rather filling for 4 people.

After the Buddha, we checked out the outlets at the mall that's by the subway station. Some interesting stuff, but didn't find anything that caught my eye or had the right size. Oh well.

No comments: