Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Shanghai, Wednesday Pt.2

Okay, so after I had my fill of the tower, it was already a little after 5PM and I figure I'd head back.

The subway ride back was a bit of an experience. I hit rush hour. I managed to make my way onto the train. It was pretty packed. People basically push and shove their way on and off the subway cars. It's like an every man (or woman) for himself mentality here. I really don't know if I can deal with this on a long term basis. But, when in Rome...

After I got back to my friend's place, I uploaded the shots I took. Eventually, my friend got back from work. He decided to take me down to the Bund to check out the sights and sounds of Shanghai in the evening.

Near People's Square




The night shots I took with the P5000 as I really didn't not feel like lugging around the D80. I suppose that did limit my control of some of the shots, but since the camera has some manual control, it wasn't too bad. I did try out the night landscape setting on the camera. Not sure how hight the ISO was, but the pics came out better than if I left it on Auto. A bit grainy though. :p

View across from the Bund



View of the Bund


Unfortunately, they had decided to turn off a lot of the lights early last night for some reason. The Pearl Tower should have been lit up more than what you see in the picture. In any case, after that we headed over to this bar/lounge that my friend frequents. It's not a pick-up joint. It's more for folks (mostly foreigners) to relax and have a drink. It's more mature. Anyway, we had a drink and shot the shit. We then grabbed a cab back (the subway closes down early here).

Today, I think I will head over to this "flea market" for knockoffs. I'm not sure if I will find something I like, but maybe I will find something to bring back to friends. I guess we'll have to see what they have. Wish me luck, because I really don't know how good I am at haggling. :p

No comments: