Monday, November 19, 2007

Hong Kong: Monday

The morning started off slow. My brother was right in that things don't get going until late in the morning. Until after 10AM, it's mostly school kids and office workers running around to get to where they're going. So for breakfast we wandered around a bit and found a place that served congee (rice porridge) and some other stuff. This place was not far from the hotel and we found it after walking around the area for about 30 minutes.

Afterwards, we went back to our rooms to digest. We were suppose to meet a family friend to bring us to the cemetery where my Dad's father is buried. It was a bit of a hike to get to because it's in an area a bit north of where we were. I'm guessing that this is in the New Territories areas. Because space is such a valuable commodity, this cemetery is terraced. My brother was telling me that these days, plots can go for quite a bit of money.



Afterwards, we headed back to take a break at the hotel. Then it was out to the Ladies's Market to check out the knockoffs and other bargains. My brother got himself a nice Tag Heuer watch and Louis Vuitton wallet for $80. We popped into an electronics store and I found myself a nice 18-200mm VR lens for $200 less than back home. It looks like the prices of some things are definitely less here.



I think tomorrow we will visit this big Buddha statue on Lantau Island. :-)

No comments: