Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hong Kong: Wednesday



(NOTE: Speed improved so I managed to upload a few images.)

My Mom got a call last night from her friend who was vacationing here as well. The plan is to have dim sum this morning. So we met up with her this morning and went to the hotel restaurant for dim sum.



Afterwards, we decided to head down to Tsim Sha Tsui. We checked out the Avenue of Stars. There was a life-sized statue of Bruce Lee. There were stars along this waterside walk with the names of various Hong Kong stars and directors. Some have handprints and signatures with them. I took pics of the ones I recognized, like Jackie Chan and Jet Li.


Jet Li



Jackie Chan


After that we found ourselves at a HUGE mall full of upscale boutiques and shops. Think of a high end designer and the store is probably there. It was an L-shaped mall on 3 levels. Simply HUGE.

When we got done walking around that, we got back out onto the street and walked around a bit some more. Next to Kowloon Park is a row of more boutiques. So we walked along Nathan Road up until Hillwood Road at which point we crossed to the other side of Nathan and headed back down it.

I think by this time it was nearing 5PM. We had taken a late lunch at a place called Macau restaurant soon after we got out of the mall. We headed back to the Avenue of Stars. I was hoping that with the sun starting to set that we'd see some of the neon lights lit up across the water on the Hong Kong side. Some of the lights were lit up but not all yet. As we strolled along the Avenue, we saw a classic Sampan sail by. I managed to take a few shots of it.

After all this walking, we grabbed to subway back to Mong Kok. We were pretty tired and not too hungry, so we picked up a few buns to munch on as a light dinner. My mom and brother afterwards went out to stroll through the "Ladies' Market" in search of more bargains. Then, after they came back, my brother went off on his own to stroll some more. My feet are killing me, otherwise I would have gone out with him as well.

No comments: